Monday, October 11, 2010

Work-Rest-Play-Die


Columbus Day...what a useless holiday (especially in the minds of the Native Americans). Though I do enjoy the day off from both work and school, I can't help but wonder why Columbus Day was deemed any more important than, say, Arbor Day or Talk Like A Pirate Day. I figured today would be a lovely day to sleep in, watch Sex and the City, and maybe even do a bit of extra school work or do the dishes. Of course that quickly turned into a busy day of creating a total inventory list of items for the Fashion Show (we're talking in the hundreds), all the while wearing earplugs/not speaking as part of a Deaf-Simulation project for my Intro to Deaf Culture class.The lack of audiological distractions are actually quite nice, but these ear plugs are giving me the worst headache.


So I finally meandered onto my new roof today to take a gander at picture taking. While far less daunting than our previous South Philly "roof top" (which wasn't so much a rooftop as a large ledge), I've now got to contend with our adjoined next-door neighbors spotting me, plus the random Penn student walking on the street and seeing some girl striking ridiculous poses over and over again.


I suppose when it gets too cold, I won't have to worry about spectators but today is just too gorgeous to not take advantage of the fleeting warm weather. We're now in mid-October, folks. That means freezing temperatures, waning daylight hours, and snow are right around the corner. Let's live it up in shorts and tank tops while we still can!

Tank Top: "Art is Freedom" by Rainbow Alternative
Shorts: DIY Abercrombie & Fitch
Tights: Forever 21
Shoes: thrifted Report (Retrospect- Philadelphia, PA)
Sunglasses: street vendor in the Italian Market

No comments:

Post a Comment