Wednesday, July 28, 2010

God Loves Ugly



Introducing the world's ugliest shirt. Really. This thing is bad. It's like a vintage Hermes print gone wrong. And yet...I couldn't say no. It called to me. My mom, my shopping partner at the time, raised a skeptical eyebrow, asking me, "really?".

For the longest time I couldn't figure out how to actually style this shirt though. Print aside, it's about three sizes too large. I ended up taking a hint from Natalie Off Duty, and pairing with a pair of cut offs and flats. I mean, clearly she rocks the looks way better. But she's a drop dead gorgeous model (and probably a good foot taller than I am), so I'm not going to get anywhere if I try and make comparisons.


The end result was actually pretty great. The top was was thin, light weight, and incredibly breathable. The overall effect was a great relaxed look perfect for the summer heat and incredibly versatile for running errands around the city or just barbecuing with friends (both of which were on the menu yesterday). Maybe I'll repeat this look, without such a heinous shirt next time.


Shirt: secondhand Talbots (Closet Exchange- Abington, PA)
Shorts- DIY cut-off Abercrombie & Fitch, gift
Shoes- thrifted (Philly AIDS Thrift- Philadelphia, PA)
Sunglasses- flea market 


No comments:

Post a Comment