Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thrifting Finds: Village Thrift

One of the greatest thrifting resources in the Philadelphia area is Village Thrift, located just over the Delaware River in Pennsauken, New Jersey. This place is huge. No, seriously. I'd say it's the size of your average high school gym. With daily rotating stock ranging from mens and womens wear to vintage furniture and luggage to household items, I find myself browsing the aisles at least every few weeks. Village Thrift used to run daily specials of 50% off select colored price tags, but now they have customer appreciation Sundays and Mondays, where everything in the store is 1/3 off. In addition, they still have daily specials for specific items, like sleeveless sundresses.  Best of all, items typically range $1-10! By all means, this is a thrift store, not a vintage store. There are no shop buyers for Village Thrift, scoping out what is fashionable or trendy at the moment. Quality of the items vary and everything is sold "as is", with no refunds or exchanges. They won't hold items for you and you shouldn't expect friendly customer service. But if you've got the time to browse through endless racks, you can find hidden treasures. Check out my loot from yesterday:

 Rainbow-Striped Romper ($7.90). As I mentioned last week, I've been searching for a cute romper for this summer. I think I struck gold!

Cotton Jersey Halter ($6.90)

Striped Silk Scarf- $1.90

Abstract Print Scarf- $2.90

Wooden Platform Heels- $3.90. Given the recent popularity of clogs, I think these will be an essential staple of my summer wardrobe. Though the don't share the traditional wedge of a platform clog, they've got the wood base and rivets that have been so on trend lately.

As if I didn't have enough new stuff, my butterfly sunglasses showed up in the mail from Urban Outfitters. They were having a $5 online sale last week, so I immediately swooped in on these babies!


What are your latest killer finds?

No comments:

Post a Comment