Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Hate Your Guts On Sunday

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes on Friday when I was in my funk. I appreciate everyone who took the time to comment and leave a kind word or two. It's really incredible to see how far a blog that I started on a whim has reached. Thanks all!


Sometimes I feel weird about posting outfits on this blog that I already wore, especially dresses, which are hard to vary too much. Unfortunately, I don't have the kind of disposable income that's required to keep my wardrobe constantly rotating. Part of the reason I started blogging was to stretch the limits of my closet; for how big it is, I felt as though I was getting stuck in the habit of wearing the same clothes over and over. I've definitely rediscovered some old gems, but restyling dresses has been the biggest challenge.


One of my favorite blogs, Time Enough For Drums, recently featured a five-piece series of different ways to style scarves. As one of my favorite new accessories, I was all ears as Annie chronicled many new techniques I was unaware of. One of the standouts was the "just belt it" style. At first it looked odd to me, but (As Annie also noted) I started noticing tons of girls on Chictopia rocking the style recently. The more I saw, the more I liked it. This large scarf and tied belt dramatically change the dress from the last time I wore it. What do you guys think?


Dress: Delia's
Scarf: Unknown
Belt: Old Navy
Boots: Nature Breeze
Glasses: Urban Outfiters

4 comments:

  1. have to agree....restyling dresses can be really hard...especially printed ones...love the boots you are wearing in this post!! cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute, I love the tied belt. It totally changes the overall look of the dress, and those boots go really well. xo

    HALCOHOLIC.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the scarf tucked in to the belt.... well done!

    xo

    justyna

    ReplyDelete