Friday, April 2, 2010

Guns on the Roof

Spring has officially sprung, and it appears that I picked the perfect time to move to an apartment with a "roof deck". By this, I mean a 6x4 stucco area above what I presume is my neighbors' bedroom. I'm not 100% sure that this area is meant to hold my weight, but as you can tell, my legs are absurdly pasty and in need of some sun.


The bonus to shooting on my roof is that a) it's convenient b) natural light is always preferable c) I get killer wind-swept hair. The downside is that I'm terrified of plummeting three floors to gory death. To make it worse, there's so many pipes and satellite dishes causing unfortunate shadows that to get a decent shot, I need to get as close to the edge as possible. Please bear in mind that the way I "posed" my legs has nothing to do with trying to appear model-esque, and more trying to keep my balance in 4" heels while shaking uncontrollably.
As grueling and terrifying as it is, I absolutely love the shots I get. Not many out-of-towners know about South Philly's row home charm, but I think there's something adorably quaint about it all. This warm weather is bringing out the neighborhood and I can't wait to indulge in one of my favorite summer indulgences: waterice, a cool treat comparable to a snowcone, but smoother and with better flavors. New Yorkers call it "Italian Ice", but anyone in Philadelphia will tell you it's water ice (pronounced "wooder ice", should you ever be in the area).


Tank top: Urban Outfiters
Skirt: Bebe (thrifted from Buffalo Exchange- Austin, TX)
Shoes: Thrifted (Philly AIDS Thrift- Philadelphia, PA)
Sunglasses: Forever 21 

3 comments:

  1. awesome outfit... love yellow and purple together!

    xo

    justyna

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG You are so pretty and I love your tattoos!

    PS I just saw your comment about Philly! I went to a bunch of amazing places and I love love it there so much! Great city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm LOVING your roof shots! I really wish I had a decent place to take photos at home, it's a huge part of the reason I mainly post office outfits on my blog -- I have nowhere to pose at home that doesn't look horrible! These are great photos even though they make me a little nervous (I'm afraid of heights and you look very close to that edge!). They make me miss my old apartment that had a rooftop porch.

    And I love this outfit. The skirt is great and I really like purple and yellow together, though in L.A. it's a hard combo to wear without looking like the Lakers' #1 fan -- I do love the Lakers and everything, but not THAT much!

    ReplyDelete