Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Today's Outfit- Shot Gun Blues

I recently started working two-three days per week at a stable. In exchange for three hours of barn work, I get free dressage training. The effect of not having ridden in over a year, in addition to the hard labor prior to getting on my horse, is this: every damn muscle hurts. From my biceps to my shoulders to my lower back, even my knees, everything is in excruciating pain right now. Today is my day off, and I'm treating myself to a luxurious day of Law & Order SVU on repeat and comfy lounge clothes.

 
 
 
 
Sweater: Ci Sono
Tanktop: H&M
Jeans: Forever 21
Boots: Blowfish

First off, I apologize that you will inevitably see these jeans more times than you probably should. Second- Praise the good lord, I have found the perfect fitting jeans! Any girl ever knows that this is a difficult feat. Any girl who is 5'2 with a waist 12" smaller than her hips and a love of skinny pegged jeans knows that this is impossible. Let me tell you, my short legged comrades, I have seen the light and it is glorious. In fact, it is the Forever 21 skinny line. Now I get that these jeans were probably meant to be cropped on a normal size person, but I'll let bygones be bygones because they fall just below my ankle and stay perfectly slim all the way down the leg. All this for under $30.00. 

All in all, this is a pretty boring, basic look. I certainly could have spruced it up with a feather headband, a scarf, maybe even a funky belt. Tomorrow I'm trying one of those weirdo full-body wraps. The spa guarantees a loss of at least 6 inches, so I can almost guarantee tomorrow's outfit will feature a super short, tight dress, which is bound to be more exciting than today's outfit. But this is my day to lounge and I'll dress as I please.

No comments:

Post a Comment